Friday 28 June 2013

Out in all weathers.

I can walk just a minute out of my house and be in these beautiful fields and woods, that are essentially my back garden. Today I decided to go on a walk through them, despite the sky spitting down and the plants being damp and the earth very soggy. And although the clouds were grey and endless, it was a very lovely stroll. The air was incredibly humid, the smell almost like wine. The dampness of it all made the green even greener, and the leaves gleam like precious jewels. I did not mind the squelching of mud beneath my feet, it was satisfying. The pattering of drops on the grasses around me did not make me sad or annoyed, instead they were comforting.

It was a fantastic walk, the kind you can daydream on and comeback totally refreshed. The heaviness of the weather did not get me down or make me say "Oh what a miserable day." instead I took my time to notice how the world looks when the sun is not shining.

What I mean to say is that you mustn't complain about the weather, because there is absolutely nothing on earth you can do to change it. The world does not become ugly or miserable if the clouds dominate the sky, it stays beautiful but in a different light. The next time the heavens open and the rain pours from the sky, do not complain, notice how wonderfully strange rain is. It makes life a little more interesting, and one a little happier too.

No comments:

Post a Comment