Wednesday 15 August 2012

Music.

I don't know about you but when I listen to music I am having one of my happiest moments. In my head, when almost any music is playing, I have created this world where anything I want can happen. It's the most wonderful thing when your imagination goes crazy just because someone compiled notes together to make a melody. That a single tune has the ability to make me feel a million and one different things, is the most beautiful concept.

Music isn't like a language or a poem or a story, because it relates to every single human being. You don't have to be able to read it or play it or even understand it to be able to be hit by music's power. It effects every person on this planet because it is everywhere, it has been with us since the dawn of our time. I don't think that it is exclusive to humans, or that we own it in some sort of way, I believe it is an animalistic trait that a lot of the living things roaming the Earth have a part of. Music is just a sound, but a sound that I don't think we could live without. Take any example where music is used and then remove it, I'm pretty sure that the example becomes next to nothing. Imagine living in a world where music doesn't exist, that means that the feeling in your heart when music plays stops, you can no longer feel it. You never felt it in the first place. The power of music disappears. That's a world not worth living in.

For some people hearing music might not be possible, but it doesn't mean that it never effects you. Music is like a language for everybody, a universal means of communicating, a way of reaching the heart of someone you may not be able to contact another way.

Look, I'm having a hard time explaining this right but what I'm really trying to say is that music is the most wonderful language the world has ever known. And I love it.

Here's an example of what I love:


No comments:

Post a Comment